Repair or Renovate Your Home
Neighborhood Housing Services (NHS) of Baltimore Programs
If your heat or hot water is broken, or if your roof is leaking, don’t panic. There are people and programs who can help you.
If you need assistance making repairs to your home, Neighborhood Housing Services (NHS) of Baltimore is an excellent resource. They offer three different programs to help Baltimoreans within certain income restrictions.
- Do you have a small problem that needs fixing right away? The NHS Small Rehab Loan offers loans of $300 to $3,000.
- Is your problem a little larger? Are you looking to make a small improvement to your home? The NHS Quick Fix Small Rehab Loan offers loans of up to $7,500 at a low interest rate.
- Do you need to take care of a structural problem? Would you like to make your home more energy efficient? The NHS Large Renovation Loan offers loans of up to $30,000 at a low interest rate. NHS will also help you work with contractors to protect your investment.
Healthy Neighborhoods Programs
Healthy Neighborhoods is a citywide initiative program that helps strong but undervalued Baltimore neighborhoods increase home values, market their communities, create high standards for property improvements, and forge strong connections among neighbors. Better Waverly is a designated Healthy Neighborhood.
- Would you like to make improvements to the exterior and interior of your home? The Home Improvement Loan program lends $5,000 to $20,000 at a low interest rate. You may also receive up to $10,000 in matching funds from the City. All homes in Better Waverly are eligible.
- Are you interested in refinancing your mortgage for a lower monthly payment, while also making renovations? The Refinance and Renovate Loan program will allow you to get a 30-year mortgage at a low rate and make your house the home you’ve always wanted it to be. Design assistance is available at no cost to you. This program is available on the following target blocks: 600-800 blocks 33rd Street, 3200 block Avon Avenue, 3200 block Frisby Street, 3200 block Westerwald Avenue, 600-900 blocks Gorsuch Avenue, 600-900 blocks Homestead Street.